Effective Date: December 29, 2020
The Van Allen laboratory at Dana-farber Cancer Institute and the Broad Institute of MIT & Harvard ("us", "we", or "our") operates the Molecular Oncology Almanac portal (https://portal.moalmanac.org) (hereinafter referred to as the "Service"). The Service is used to create a Terra workspace on the user's behalf under the specified billing project, upload provided inputs, and launch the Molecular Oncology Almanac clinical interpretation algorithm for precision oncology on behalf of the user.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
- Personal Data, any type of data that can be used to directly or indirectly identify an individual.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Data to us. We collect this data to for authorization of the user, to execute the Service, and to reach out to users for feedback on our Service. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address, which is collected upon logging into this webpage.
Google Cloud scopes
When using our Service, certain scopes are requested on the user's behalf from Google to operate the Service. Specifically,
We will not have access to any input files uploaded to the Terra workspace created on your behalf through this Service.
- https://www.googleapis.com/auth/cloud-platform, to upload inputs to your workspace's bucket
- https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.email, to obtain your email address
Use of Data
Molecular Oncology Almanac uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To collect user feedback about the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To provide user care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located in the United States of America which may be located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
Molecular Oncology Almanac may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Molecular Oncology Almanac
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.